This game should right the ship – Philadelphia Eagles vs. New York Jets Week 13 matchup. On Dec. 5, the Philadelphia Eagles are playing the lowly New York Jets (3-8) and the Eagles (5-7) are seven-point favorites according to DraftKings Sportsbook.
After a disappointing loss against the New York Giants last week, Philadelphia has a perfect opportunity to get back on track and reassert itself in the NFC’s playoff hunt.
There should be good vibes arriving on Sunday afternoon for Eagles fans. But you can perhaps add even more of them by taking advantage of the wagers posted at Pennsylvania sports betting apps.
In this week’s installment of PAOC’s Best Bets, we’ll run down some of the most interesting odds from PA sportsbooks.
Eagles vs Jets – Over or Under 45 Points?
DraftKings PA has the Eagles as 7-point favorites in Sunday’s game (1 p.m. on CBS) with a moneyline price of -280.
The game’s total is set at 45 points. Last week, the Eagles lost 13-7 to New York’s other team – the Giants. The Jets took down the Texans 21-14.
Sunday’s game will need significantly more offense than what both teams produced last week to push the game over.
However, as noted in DraftKings’ stats section, the Jets are ranked near last in the league in a number of defensive categories.
NFL Defensive Ranks
- Jets Passing Defense – 29th in yards per game
- Jets Rushing Defense – 27th in yards per game
- Jets Scoring Defense – 32nd in points allowed per game
What are the best picks for a same game parlay?
FOX Bet has same game parlays pre-built with the spread and the point total, as well as the moneyline and the total.
Here are the numbers:
- Philadelphia Eagles -7.5 and Over 45.5: +275
- Philadelphia Eagles -7.5 and Under 45.5: +285
- New York Jets +7.5 and Over 45.5: +250
- New York Jets +7.5 and Under 45.5: +220
- Philadelphia Eagles Moneyline and Over 45.5: +160
- Philadelphia Eagles Moneyline and Under 45.5: +150
- New York Jets Moneyline and Over 45.5: +510
- New York Jets Moneyline and Under 45.5: +490
Could the Eagles win big? That would bring me extra money on FanDuel
FanDuel Sportsbook has the Winning Margin as a wagering option for the Eagles-Jets game on Sunday. And if Philadelphia can win by two or more touchdowns, that will bring an even bigger return than a traditional moneyline bet.
Those odds are as follows:
- Eagles win by 1-13 points: +135
- Eagles win by 14 or more points: +165
- Jets win by 1-13 Points: +290
- New York Jets win by 14 or more points: +1200
BetMGM has a full menu of team totals
Over at BetMGM, there’s a huge board full of team totals posted for the Eagles on Sunday. The totals start at 16.5 points and go up to 35.5 with pricing available on every point in between.
The over/under wagers are also available on the Jets point total if you’d prefer to bet on that.
Fun Facts = Fun Bets
Within the DraftKings betting app, there’s a hidden gem that might help you build your wagers each week. Every NFL matchup on the app has a stats page that offers statistics and rankings for each team in a number of different categories.
There is also a Fun Facts section which provides interesting notes about each game and some corresponding odds associated with the information.
Here are the DraftKings Fun Facts for Eagles-Jets:
- The Jets have failed to cover the spread in five of their last six games against the NFC: Eagles -7 (-106)
- Four of the Jets last five games following a win have went OVER the point total: Over 45 (-110)
- The Eagles have won 11 straight games against the Jets: Eagles moneyline (-278)
In the end, it’s pretty clear. All the numbers, all the odds, all the trends indicate that Sunday’s game is a chance for Philadelphia to get back on track.
The Eagles can regain momentum. Rejuvenate the team. And rejoin the NFC playoff hunt.
All they have to do is right the ship.