Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course was one of the first PA casinos to launch a land-based sportsbook. Hollywood has established an incredible partnership with sports betting leader William Hill.
William Hill is not only its land-based sportsbook partner but will power Hollywood’s online sportsbook as well. While the PA sports betting site has yet to launch, we can look at William Hill’s sports betting site in New Jersey to understand what we can expect to see in Pennsylvania.
Hollywood Sportsbook welcome bonus
With Pennsylvania shaping up as the next big step for US sports betting, Hollywood Casino will likely have an attractive welcome bonus to attract new customers. Typical welcome bonuses include deposit matches and risk free bets.
The New Jersey William Hill site offers new players a $50 free cash boost. The book credits $50 into the new player’s account after he or she bets the initial $50. The best part about this promotion is the $50 is not paid in bonus money, but with real withdrawable cash. This is an incredibly generous offer considering most operators issue bonus money with playthrough requirements.
Hollywood Sportsbook bonus code
|Online Sportsbook||Harrah's Sportsbook|
|Free Money Bonus||Free $10 bonus bet|
|Last verified:||April 2021|
Hollywood Sportsbook Promotions
William Hill offers an ample promotional schedule on its New Jersey site. Some examples of promos that William Hill may offer are cash backs, bonus boosters, deposit matches, and offline prize draws. Popular sporting events often influence the list of promotions. You can find all the current promotional offerings located under “Promotions” in the “Menu” tab.
While we won’t know the full extent of the promotions on the Pennsylvania site, it’s likely to be similar to New Jersey.
Hollywood Sportsbook app (powered by William Hill)
The William Hill app has yet to launch, but will likely be available on both iOS and Android devices. Apple users will be able to download the PA betting app directly from the Apple app store. Android users will need to download directly from the Hollywood Casino website. Unfortunately, the Google Play store is still not gambling friendly.
Looking at the New Jersey app for reference, the platform is clean and straightforward. Its popular games live on the front page. There are tabs for games, promotions, setting, and live support in the drop-down box in the upper-left-hand corner.
All sports betting apps require geolocation to make sure its players are within state lines. Some players may experience issues, particularly if they have poor service or are near a border. Players that experience this should try connecting through Wi-Fi or contact support.
Hollywood loyalty program
Hollywood Casinos across the country offer a loyalty program to customers called Marquee Rewards. So far, Hollywood has not debuted a sportsbook to indicate whether or not the program will apply to sports bets. However, it is possible there is some connection between the sports betting app and the land-based casino system.
William Hill currently does not offer any loyalty programs for the apps operational in New Jersey and Nevada.
Advantages to betting at the Hollywood online sportsbook
The Pennsylvania market is looking stacked with quality online sports betting options. The Hollywood online sportsbook will likely provide a quality product with plenty of offerings.
Here are some advantages to betting at William Hill’s Hollywood Sportsbook:
Experience: Hollywood Casino at the Penn National Race Course is a long-time hub for horse betting. Adding a sportsbook is the natural next step. On top of that, it has a worldwide sportsbook leader in William Hill. Not only does William Hill have US online sports betting experience, but it has years of operating experience from around the world. Both brands are well respected and offer their customers top-of-the-line experiences.
Promotions: In New Jersey, William Hill offers an effective and engaging promotional plan. It offers promotions toward the entire player base, not just for the big spenders. William Hill also has a generous, straightforward welcome bonus, which almost makes up for the lack of a loyalty program.
Platform: As mentioned previously, William Hill is a world leader in sportsbook and thus brings with it a robust, reliable platform with a wide range of betting and sports options for sports bettors.
The William Hill NJ online sportsbook offers a clean layout. While other sports betting sites tend to be busy with multiple elements on the main page, William Hill condenses a lot of it under tabs for easier viewing.
The home page features a menu on the left-hand side with a shortcut for in play games, a search bar, popular games, and a list of all sports. The middle of the page features all the current popular bets. And, finally, the right features the player’s bet slip.
Live betting at PA Hollywood online sportsbook
When you enter the William Hill platform as a new player, you will notice a lot of mention of in play betting. This is the same thing as live betting, which means you bet on an event as it is happening. Live betting is available across the board at US online sportsbooks.
William Hill offers a fair amount of betting options but does not appear to provide the depth as some of the other sports betting sites entering Pennsylvania. It seems that William Hill puts more of a focus on major sports.
This isn’t to say that the Pennsylvania version might be different, but it is unlikely. The one thing you will not find on the online sportsbook is horse racing. Fans of horse racing will need to download a separate app to enjoy horse racing action.
Here is a list of the sports currently available at William Hill in New Jersey:
- Auto racing: Includes NASCAR and Formula 1
- Baseball: Only MLB
- Basketball: Includes the NBA and European games
- Football: This includes the NFL and NCAAF
- Golf: This includes PGA Tour, WGC and European golf, Champions Tour, LPGA, and FedEx Cup
- Hockey: Only NHL
- Soccer: Offerings include different leagues from around the world
- Other sports: Cricket, Tour de France, and rugby
Types of betting options available
At William Hill, players can expect to find plenty of betting options including live aka in-play betting.
On the New Jersey website, William Hill lists the basic bets available on the site as:
- Straight: As this sounds, this is a straight up bet. You select a winner, and that’s it. If your team wins, you win the bet.
- Parlay: These are when you bet on a combination of outcomes. An example of a parlay bet would be that you select Team A, Team B, and Team F to win. If they all win, you win. However if one of those teams loses, you lose the whole bet.
- Futures: As the name implies, these are bets on events in the future. For example, this would be a bet on who will win the Super Bowl before the season begins.
- Propositions: Also known as prop bets, these are bets on events within a game. An example of this bet would be, who is going to score first.
- Teaser: This a bet that allows you to combine bets on multiple games with adjusted point spreads. While this gives you better odds, it also returns lower for winners.
- Round robin: This is in reference to a selection of parlays. Using the same example with teams A, B, and F from above; if Team F loses, you would still win because A and B won.
Not mentioned is live betting, which are any bets made during the game.
The short history of legal online gambling in the US has been marred by notoriously difficult banking solutions, but luckily times are changing and a bevy of modern and secure options are available to players to fund and withdraw from their accounts.
Here are some possible deposit options you can find at the PA William Hill-powered online sportsbook:
- Visa or Mastercard: By simply using your credit or debit card, this the easiest method for depositing; however, this method will likely not work for withdrawals. It should be noted, that not all banks approve online gambling transactions.
- ACH/e-check: This is an instant check from your bank processed through a third-party partner to ensure the instant feature. This option does have limits placed on players by the third-party provider.
- Bill pay or bank transfer: Similar to paying a utility bill, you approve the bank transfer with your bank and into your gaming account.
- PayPal: This is a popular third-party wallet that gives you an added layer of security and is great for players who do not want to link their bank account to an online sports betting site.
- Neteller: Same third-party wallet idea as PayPal.
- PayNearMe: This is an option where you can fund your account at a 7-Eleven. Select this option when depositing, which will create a barcode that you bring to the convenience store and pay.
- Cash at the Hollywood Casino cage: Visit Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course to deposit and withdraw from the casino cage.
Before players are permitted to use the banking options, they will need to verify their identity by providing a picture of their ID and a credit or debit card. This standard practice is called Know Your Customer (KYC) and is in place to help both the player and casino avoid fraud and underage gambling (you must be at least 21 years old to place a sports bet).
Like most online sites, William Hill offers a comprehensive help section to answer most common questions. Where William Hill succeeds is a section labeled “First Time User Journey,” which is an extensive guide on the ins and outs of online sports betting.
If you need more assistance, you will likely have the option to speak to a person 24/7 either by telephone, live chat, or email.
Like all legal PA online gambling websites, William Hill offers responsible gaming tools. These tools allow you to set limits, take a cool-off period or self-exclude from online gambling altogether. There is also information about their responsible gaming policy and links to reach support for problem gaming.
William Hill in Pennsylvania
In partnership with Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course, William Hill opened a land-based sportsbook on the property in November 2018. The sportsbook is located on the second floor of the casino.
The sportsbook also offers players a chance to make bets on horse racing year round, as Hollywood Casino is one of Pennsylvania’s racinos.
History of Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course
Penn National Race Course started as a thoroughbred horse track at its Grantville, PA, location in 1972. The site featured both dirt and turf tracks which hosts horse races all year long. The racetrack hosted several big-name races like the Pennsylvania Governor’s Cup.
A casino was added during the first wave of legal Pennsylvania casinos in 2008. This section wasn’t complete until 2010, but quickly became one of the biggest betting floors in the state. Hollywood Casino at Penn National now boasts more than 2,500 slot machines, more than 50 table games, and now a sportsbook. The site also has a large events center and several restaurants.