Disclaimer: Golden Nugget online sportsbook is not yet live in Pennsylvania, but is expected to be soon. This review is speculative based on its offering in other states, and will update once the sportsbook launches here.
Sports fans in Pennsylvania now have access to Golden Nugget Sportsbook. The award-winning operator recently got the go-ahead to launch in the Keystone State following success in New Jersey and Michigan.
This means residents across PA can now bet on a variety of sports, including games involving local teams. You’ll also be able to claim a number of promotions and choose from a solid list of betting options.
Plus, Golden Nugget Pennsylvania has a welcome offer for all new accounts. When you register for the sportsbook, you’ll receive a risk-free bet up to $100. Keep reading for a full sportsbook review, and how to claim the offer.
Golden Nugget Sportsbook welcome bonus in PA
To claim Golden Nugget’s offer for new players in Pennsylvania, click on our sportsbook link to register for an account, and enter the code PLAYBONUS when prompted.
Make your first deposit and place your first bet to see if you qualify for the welcome offer. If your bet wins, you will be able to withdraw your winnings as normal and continue play. If your bet loses, you will qualify for the risk-free bet: Golden Nugget will refund the wager on your first bet up to $100, in the form of a free bet. You can then use the free bet on a single straight wager of your choice within 72 hours.
Golden Nugget Sportsbook bonus code 2021
To qualify for the Golden Nugget offer, you must be 21 or older and physically within Pennsylvania state lines. The offer is open only to new players, limited to one per household. Make sure to follow our link to the site and enter the bonus code when prompted to claim the welcome promotion.
|Online Sportsbook||Golden Nugget Sportsbook PA|
|Risk-free bet||Up to $100|
|Last updated||May 2021|
Golden Nugget Sportsbook promotions
Head over to the sportsbook’s promotions page to view all the offers available at Golden Nugget in Pennsylvania. You’ll find it by clicking the “Promos & Rewards” link on the top navigation bar. We’ve listed some of the best promotions below, but we recommend frequently checking the site itself to make sure you don’t miss out on anything.
- Daily boosts: The sportsbook has a “Golden Lines” button on the left column on the site. Click on it to view all the day’s boosted odds. Most of these bets require a $25 minimum wager.
- Play+ bonus funds: Sign up for a Play+ account with the sportsbook to receive a $10 bonus to spend on the site.
- Super Sidekicks: Refer your friends to Golden Nugget to receive a bonus of up to $500 when they sign up to the sportsbook and start placing bets.
- Parlay boosts: Most parlays at Golden Nugget qualify for the sportsbook’s boost program. Pick three qualifying bets to receive a 3% boost if your parlay wins. This boost then increases linearly, so a four-leg parlay can earn you a 4% boost, five legs can earn you a 5% boost, etc.
Is Golden Nugget legal?
Golden Nugget is legal in Pennsylvania. It holds a qualified gaming entity license, which allowed it to apply for a casino license in the state. Though this license does not apply to sportsbooks, the casino’s approval in the Keystone State makes it highly likely we’ll also see the sportsbook arrive soon.
Golden Nugget has been around for years and has spent much of that time creating a safe and regulated site for players to enjoy. If the sportsbook is approved for launch, it will be regulated by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board. The site also has a number of safety procedures in place, including SSL encryption technology to protect sensitive information and a robust responsible gambling policy.
How to sign up at Golden Nugget
Registering for an account at Golden Nugget Sportsbook is very easy, providing you are eligible to play. To sign up for the site, you must be 21 or older and be within Pennsylvania state lines. The sportsbook uses geolocation technology to check the location of its players.
Start by clicking on our Golden Nugget link to qualify for the offer and navigate to the site. Next, click the “Sign up” button at the top of the site. Follow the steps below to claim your risk-free bet.
- Fill in your personal details. This will include your email address, full name, date of birth and gender.
- Create a username and password.
- Enter the last four digits of your Social Security number, which the site will use to verify your player information.
- Type in your mailing address and phone number.
- Create security questions to back up your account.
- Type in the PLAYBONUS code to qualify for the welcome offer.
- Read the terms of the site and click to agree.
- Confirm your player information and click to register.
Golden Nugget Sportsbook app
Golden Nugget’s app is available on both Apple and Android devices. Use it to place wagers and track bets, browse and claim promotions, enter bonus codes and fund your account. Here’s how to download it.
How to download the Golden Nugget app for Android
You can use the Golden Nugget app on most up-to-date Android devices. Load this review on your smartphone or tablet, then click on our sportsbook link to reach the Golden Nugget site. Create an account using the steps above, then work your way through the instructions below:
- Navigate to the sportsbook homepage and click the app prompt at the top of the screen. Alternatively, scroll to the site’s footer and click the Android icon.
- The app will automatically start to download. Head to your device’s security app and open the security menu to allow installs from other sources, as the app is not coming from the Play Store.
- Click on the finished download to install it onto your Android device.
- Launch the app and place your first bet to qualify for Golden Nugget’s welcome bonus.
How to download the Golden Nugget app for iOS
You can easily download the Golden Nugget app onto your iPhone or iPad. Start by updating your iOS software, then open this review on your device. Click on our Golden Nugget link to set up the welcome offer, then create an account using our bonus code.
- Click on the iOS app prompt on the sportsbook homepage, or scroll to the site’s footer and click the App Store button.
- Download and install the app.
- Open the app and log in to your account. Place your first wager on the site to qualify for the welcome offer.
Golden Nugget Sportsbook loyalty program
Golden Nugget’s Ultimate Rewards program rewards players in Pennsylvania based on how they bet. The program is currently tailored more toward the online casino, but still has a small setup for PA sports bettors.
You’ll be automatically enrolled in the program when you create an account with the online sportsbook, and there are no minimum play requirements to maintain your status. For every 100 points you collect, you’ll redeem $1 in cash. There’s no limit on the amount of cash you can redeem.
For every $100 you bet on sports, you’ll earn one point. While this seems like a high requirement, it’s a pretty good offer when you view it as an added bonus you can’t find elsewhere.
Plus, when you move up Golden Nugget’s three VIP tiers, you’ll receive more player perks, such as birthday offers, weekly bonuses and expedited withdrawals. Players with 0-4,999 Golden Points fall into the Golden Rewards Club, while those with 5,000+ points are in the VIP Rewards Club.
You could then gain entry into the VIP Elite Club, which is invite-only. Players who reach this tier can receive exclusive invites to events, luxury gifts and personal hosts at Golden Nugget facilities.
Advantages to betting at Golden Nugget
Golden Nugget PA is a fantastic online sportsbook for fans of any sport. We’ve gone through a few of our favorite features below:
- VIP Program: We like that Golden Nugget is staying ahead of the game with a decent rewards program for its players. We like that no matter what sport you bet on, you’ll earn points toward claiming cash back.
- Great existing promotions: You’ll find several good sportsbook promotions to claim at Golden Nugget at any time. Browse today’s odds boosts, earn monthly bonuses and refer your friends to receive instant funds to use on the site.
- Secure banking options: Choose from a range of banking options at Golden Nugget. You’ll find prepaid card, e-wallet and online banking methods to both deposit and withdraw funds.
- Simple site: Golden Nugget Sportsbook is easy to navigate. Use simple menus at the top and left of the screen on the website, and just the one navigation bar when using the app to get around.
- Good app: Both Apple and Android users can download Golden Nugget’s app. It’s super-fast and makes for easy sports betting on the go.
Golden Nugget Sportsbook features
As mentioned before, both the Golden Nugget website and app are smooth and fast platforms to make sports betting hassle-free. You’ll be able to navigate both platforms easily, meaning you can place bets within a matter of minutes.
Use the menu on the left side of the site to choose your sport, or browse the daily odds boosts. Odds will then display center screen, and you can select certain games to expand your viewing.
Use the right menu to view your account, bonuses and support options. You’ll also find the site’s “Quick Deposit” feature here, which makes adding funds to your account faster and more convenient.
We also like that Golden Nugget’s online sportsbook and casino are linked, meaning you can switch between the two platforms under the same account. Rewards points you earn on both platforms contribute to the same VIP account, making it easy to add to your numbers.
Sports to bet on at Golden Nugget PA
Golden Nugget covers a decent range of sporting leagues and events. Whether you want to bet on the winner of the Super Bowl or simply place a bet to support the Philadelphia 76ers every now and again, you’ll find it all at this sportsbook.
Use the left menu to browse all available sports — you’ll find the most popular events first, followed by a full A-Z list. Here’s what’s available:
- Table tennis
This sportsbook also makes sure to cover all PA teams. You can bet on the 76ers, Philadelphia Eagles, Pittsburgh Steelers and Philadelphia Flyers. Make sure to look out for the Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Phillies and the Pittsburgh Pirates, too.
Golden Nugget offers some international leagues, with broad coverage of international soccer. Betting on the English Premier League is pretty popular here. You’ll also find odds on the Australian Open, Formula One and even the PGA European Tour.
Ways to bet at Golden Nugget Sportsbook
Golden Nugget is a well-established sportsbook with a good grip on exactly what its users want from a sports betting site. It covers pregame bets, live betting and futures. As for types of bets, look out for totals, moneylines, point spreads, props, parlays, round-robins and teasers. Check individual sports to find the betting options available for each — most of the bigger leagues offer a majority of bet types.
When you choose a sport from the left menu, you can then view more odds by clicking the “>” next to each game. This will often offer you more betting options, as well as available futures.
Banking at Golden Nugget
Golden Nugget provides several secure banking options. E-wallet, prepaid card, cash and online banking options are all available. While there isn’t a Golden Nugget retail sportsbook in Pennsylvania at this time, we’re sure it is working on introducing this in the near future to make banking even more convenient.
All personal banking details are protected on the site using SSL encryption technology. You can limit the amount you deposit at the sportsbook by visiting your account settings. Here are more details on banking at Golden Nugget.
How to deposit
Use the following methods to deposit cash at Golden Nugget. Most deposits start at $20, though options like Play+, PayNearMe, and PayPal start at $10.
- Play+ card
- Online bank transfer
- PayNearMe (available at 7-Eleven, CVS and Family Dollar locations)
How to withdraw
Most withdrawal methods start at $10, though VIP Preferred starts at $20, and to receive a check by mail, you must request a minimum of $300.
- VIP Preferred
- Check by mail
- Wire transfer
Golden Nugget customer support
Customer support is available 24/7 to all sportsbook users in Pennsylvania. Before getting in touch with the support team, we recommend checking the FAQ page. You can access this by clicking the help center button in the top navigation menu. The page includes plenty of questions across a range of topics and has a search bar to make browsing easy.
To get in touch with the team, choose from among live chat, phone and email. A chat button is always available in the bottom right of the sportsbook screen, but you can also head to the contact us section of the help center for other contact information.
History of Golden Nugget
Golden Nugget started in 1946 when the company opened a resort in Las Vegas. It went on to open another resort in Atlantic City in 1990, followed by casinos in Lake Charles, Louisiana; Laughlin, Nevada; and Biloxi, Mississippi.
The first Golden Nugget online product launched in 2013, when its online casino went live in New Jersey. The company then launched its online sportsbook in 2019. Now, Golden Nugget is looking to expand to additional states, with products in Michigan and Pennsylvania pending.