FanDuel, one of the most recognizable names in daily fantasy sports (DFS), is bringing online sports betting to Pennsylvania. In partnership with Valley Forge Casino Resort, FanDuel is aiming to launch an online sportsbook in summer 2019. The retail book, Fanduel Sportsbook at Valley Forge Casino, launched in March.
FanDuel is best known for its DFS business, where players build teams and compete against each other for cash prizes. It is quickly becoming a titan in the US sportsbook market as well.
FanDuel already has a live online sportsbook in New Jersey. It is also rapidly expanding its online presence to West Virginia and Mississippi. FanDuel is creating a wave in the industry with its partnership with Boyd Gaming, which was announced in September 2018.
With its brand name and top-of-the-line technology, FanDuel is sitting nicely as a market leader in the recently legalized online sports betting industry.
While the Pennsylvania FanDuel online sportsbook has not yet launched, we can look at its New Jersey counterpart for insight on what new PA online players can anticipate.
FanDuel Sportsbook PA welcome bonus
New FanDuel users may enjoy a fairly straightforward welcome bonus of a $500 risk-free bet. You wouldn’t need a promo code either. All you need to do is make an initial deposit and place a bet.
Your bet can be a minimum of $10 and a max of $500. If you win, you will receive your winnings in bonus credits. If you lose, you will be credited the same amount of your bet.
However, this credit is in the form of bonus money, so you will have to play through your winnings one time before you can withdraw it as cash.
FanDuel PA Sportsbook promotions
In New Jersey, FanDuel offers a variety of bonuses, from better odds, insurance, and free bets. It also creates promos based on major events like the World Series, the Super Bowl, and the Stanley Cup.
You can keep an eye on the “Promotions” tab to keep up to date on the continually updating promo schedule for FanDuel Sportsbook.
FanDuel Sportsbook promo code PA
|Online Sportsbook||FanDuel Sportsbook|
|Last verified:||May 1, 2019|
PA FanDuel Sportsbook loyalty program
FanDuel in New Jersey doesn’t offer a point-based loyalty program, so it is unlikely that Pennsylvania will have a loyalty program either.
It is possible, as FanDuel expands its online sportsbook or as Valley Forge kicks off its online casino product, that we could see a loyalty program. This is also the first launch under the Boyd and FanDuel partnership. With that in mind, a loyalty program with Boyd’s B Connected program is certainly possible.
Advantages to betting at FanDuel
While FanDuel falls short with its lack of loyalty rewards, it makes up for it with a powerful platform and experience.
Here are a few reasons to bet at FanDuel online sportsbook:
- Platform: FanDuel brings a beautiful, robust platform that is user-friendly.
- Reputation: FanDuel is already a brand that sports fans are familiar with because of its DFS product.
- FanDuel is also owned by Paddy Power Betfair, which not only supports with its industry-leading technology but also adds to FanDuel’s credibility with its sterling reputation with players around the world.
- Betting options: We hope FanDuel will offer a bevy of betting options, which include live betting and cash-out betting. Pair that with the access to DFS, and you have one of the most dynamic sports betting experiences in Pennsylvania.
FanDuel Sportsbook online and app features
As mentioned previously, FanDuel has a very sleek and easy-to-navigate platform. Whether you are playing online or on the mobile app, you will find everything you could need just a click away.
The main page features the current promotions, popular bets, and live bets.
The biggest sporting events are usually prominently featured on FanDuel’s homepage. The main page of the mobile app also features popular sports like the NBA, MLB, and the English Premier League for easy access. You will find these same shortcuts on the toolbar on the left on the online version.
On FanDuel online sportsbook, you will find all the sports options in the left-hand side toolbar. Also, on the right-hand side, you will find your active bet slips. On the FanDuel mobile app, these features are readily available via the bottom toolbar.
Overall, FanDuel produced an unmatched platform to create a clean and fantastic player experience.
FanDuel sportsbook app
It is more than likely that FanDuel’s Pennsylvania mobile app will be nearly identical to its New Jersey counterpart. The app will be available on both Apple and Android devices. As mentioned in the previous section, FanDuel has one of the best-designed apps in the industry.
Apple users can download the app directly from the app store.
Players on Android devices will need to download directly from the FanDuel Sportsbook website. Unfortunately, the Google Play store does not support online gambling apps yet. Not to worry, downloading from the FanDuel website is easy, safe and secure.
The FanDuel sports betting app is separate from the DFS app. While there will be some crossover, they are not the same app.
FanDuel live betting
Live betting, also known as in game betting, is prominently featured on the online FanDuel Sportsbook. You can find links to all live events throughout the interface.
FanDuel offers an assortment of in play bets and features the popular cash out bet. You can access these in play bets by going to the “Live Betting” tab, choosing your game and then clicking “More Bets” in the bottom-right-hand corner of the game listing.
Game options at FanDuel PA
Players looking for a wide variety of games to bet on are in luck. FanDuel offers a long list of sports and leagues to enjoy.
You can click on any of the popular sports featured throughout the site that rotate with the seasons. You can explore FanDuel’s long lists of games to find what you desire.
The sports offerings at New Jersey FanDuel Sportsbook include:
- Australian rules football
- Basketball: NBA, EuroLeague, and college
- Football: NFL and college, and CFL
- Golf: US Tour, Specials, European Tour, and Majors
- Mixed martial arts
- Motor racing: NASCAR and Formula 1
- Soccer: This includes tabs for EPL, MLS, UEFA, Spain, International, UK, and Germany.
- Tennis: This includes tabs for the ATP Tour, WTA Tour, ITF Tour, French Open, US Open, and Wimbledon.
Among the list of sports, you will also find a tab for “Daily Odds Boost,” which features promotional bets that are updated daily. This list is ever-changing, especially with special events like the NFL draft, Olympics, etc.
Types of bets at FanDuel
FanDuel spoils players with a large assortment of bets. This includes your classic bet types, but also a fair amount of sport specific and special bets.
Here are some basic descriptions of bets you can expect to see on the PA FanDuel online sportsbook:
- Straight bet: This is a bet on whether your selection wins.
- Spread bet: This is a bet on a team to cover the point, goal, or run spread. With this bet, you are saying that the team you choose will cover the point spread designated by oddsmakers. You can win a bet with a losing team if the point spread puts them ahead.
- Proposition betting aka prop bets: This is a bet on a specific aspect of an event. At FanDuel, you can bet on player or game props.
- Live betting aka in-game betting: This is a bet on events currently happening. Odds on these games are continually adjusting with bets being made up until the final whistle.
- Half and quarter betting: These are bets on a players performance during a half or quarter.
- Futures: These are bets placed on events in the future. You could be betting on a team to win a championship or division before the season begins.
- Parlay bets: These are bets that involve multiple legs. For instance, for the NFL draft, you can place a parlay bet on who the first three picks will be.
- Round robins: This is a way to place multiple parlay bets at once. Using our NFL draft example a parlay bet you would say Player A will be drafted first, Player B will be drafted second and Player C will be drafted third. For the parlay bet, they much fall in that order, but if you make a round robin bet, Player C could be drafted first, Player A second and Player B third and you would still win.
- Teaser bets: These bets vary by sport, but they allow you to add points to an underdog or subtract points from the odds of a favorite. You must choose a minimum of two teams under this bet.
Beyond these bets, FanDuel offers sport-specific bets and players can take advantage of cash out bets during live betting. As mentioned above, you can find more bets by clicking the “More Wagers” button under your desired event.
Banking at FanDuel Sportsbook online
While banking has been an issue for online gambling sites in the past, operators have made great strides to make this process as easy as possible for players.
FanDuel has excellent partners in Betfair and Valley Forge that will help make depositing and withdrawing and easy process for PA players.
Banking options we can expect to see at the FanDuel online sportsbook include:
- Visa or Mastercard: You can use your credit or debit card to load your account. While this is a legal and regulated site, some banks may not approve of this option.
- E-checks/ACH: This option is essentially an instant electronic check. To make this option instant, you have to go through a pre-approval process. There are deposit limits set by a third-party partner.
- PayNearMe: With this method, you create a barcode on your FanDuel online account and then take that to a 7-Eleven convenience store to make your deposit at the checkout counter.
- PayPal: You can bank with the ease and security of PayPal. Using PayPal adds a layer of player protection and is good for those who do not want to link their bank account to an online gambling website.
- Neteller: Similar to PayPal, Neteller is a third-party wallet solution.
Live deposits and withdrawals may also be available at the cage at Valley Forge Casino Resort.
FanDuel customer support
FanDuel is experienced in the nuance of customer care. On its website, you can find resources on how to place bets, banking and other rules. They also have a comprehensive FAQ section that covers basic questions.
You can reach the support team in four different ways. These options include:
- Live chat: You can speak with a representative via live chat 24/7. Just click the blue chat bubble at the bottom-right-hand corner of your screen or go to the “Support” page.
- Email: FanDuel offers 24/7 support. You can email any question or concern to [email protected].
- Phone: Phone support is available 24/7 by calling 877-689-0662.
- Mail: This is not the most effective method of support, but if you would like to reach FanDuel by mail, you can send a letter to:
Betfair Interactive US LLC
PO Box 158
Jersey City, NJ 07303
Like all online gambling operators, FanDuel offers responsible gaming tools. These tools allow you to place limits, take cool-off periods or self-exclude from gambling sites.
You will also find information on its responsible gaming policy and information for gambling problem support.
FanDuel in Pennsylvania
FanDuel has a branded live sportsbook located in the Valley Forge Casino Resort. The sportsbook is more than 1,800 square feet of sports betting bliss with nearly 30 TVs and tellers ready to take your bets on any game. The land-based sportsbook opened its doors in March.
History of Valley Forge Casino Resort and FanDuel
Valley Forge opened its doors in 2012 after a heated rivalry and court battle with Parx Casino. Valley Forge is a casino resort located minutes away from the famed King of Prussia Mall. While its betting area is on the smaller side, it boasts only 600 slot machines and 50 table games, it has the advantage of having two hotel towers, a selection of restaurants, a live-music venue, and convention space.
Valley Forge’s technology partner FanDuel got its start in 2009 as a provider of DFS for real money. A highly advertised battle ensued with DraftKings until the two companies finally merged.
In 2017, the company was purchased by Paddy Power Betfair. FanDuel still offers DFS, but began offering sports betting when it became legal last year.