One lucky Pennsylvania sports bettor hit on a nine-team college football parlay over the weekend.
Rivers Casino Philadelphia confirmed it paid out a nine-team college football parlay of $26,151.71 on a $75 bet.
A closer look at the parlay
It wasn’t smooth sailing for this bettor whose slate featured two close calls that covered by a half-point. Here were the nailbiters:
- Oklahoma State -17.5 (31-13 win over Kansas)
- Oregon -27.5 (34-6 win over Arizona)
The rest of the winning ticket:
- Alabama -18.5
- Florida -7
- Clemson -34.5
- Michigan -13.5
- Boise State -27.5
- Wisconsin -14
- Notre Dame -7.5
(Please note that betting parlays is a risky play and are very difficult to cash with this many legs.)
Bettors cash in on NFC picks
Sunday turned out to be one of the biggest weekends of the year for PA sports bettors at Rivers Casino Philadelphia. Three of the top NFC teams drew heavy support and won.
- Cowboys: 90% of bets
- Saints: 70% of bets
- 49ers: 60% of bets
Also of note:
- Big deficits in the Vikings and 49ers games provided tense moments for bettors. Over 80% of the tickets were on the pair of teams to win outright.
- The Vikings trailed the Broncos 23-7 heading into the fourth quarter when they put up 20 unanswered points to win 27-23.
- The Cardinals vs. 49ers spread fluctuated around 10 points for most of the weekend before closing at -9.5 for San Francisco. However, most PA sportsbooks had the Niners at -10. For Rivers bettors, the 49ers’ defensive touchdown as time expired covered the spread.
- The Super Bowl rematch of the Patriots vs. Eagles was the game most bet on during the weekend at Rivers Casino Philadelphia. Seventy percent of the tickets were on the Patriots to win and cover, which they did in a 17-10 victory.
Mattias Stetz, COO of Rush Street Interactive, commented:
“Sunday was another big day for bettors where they beat us heavily. When combined with Saturday’s college football games where the bettors also won, it was a very big weekend for sports bettors.”