Does the idea of becoming a PokerStars Team Pro excite you?
Not only could you become a PokerStars Team Pro, but also you could become PokerStars’ first Virtual Reality (VR) Ambassador.
About PokerStars VR
PokerStars announced a search for their newest team member after recently launching its VR poker launch alongside the new Virtual Reality Poker Tour (VRPT).
Notably, the VRPT is a free-to-play tournament series that occurs entirely in a virtual reality world. In partnership with Oculus Rift and HTC Vive, PokerStars brings an innovative way to combine the best of live and online poker.
Although the first VRPT series already occurred this weekend aboard the Galaxy Space Station, fear not. The next virtual stop in space is Macau, sometime in October. Lastly, the virtual series concludes at a location yet to-be-determined in November.
Imagine this: shuffling chips, handling cards, reading other players and using various interactive objects, all from the comfort of your own home. In this visually stunning and interactive environment, a player can choose to play against friends, Team PokerStars Pros and Twitch streamers.
In fact, just check out this exciting PokerStars VR Developer vlog:
Easy ways to qualify and become the first PokerStars VR Ambassador
By all means, it appears PokerStars is pulling out all the stops for players to qualify. Significantly, once a player qualifies through one of these means, the player is entered into the Final 10. Currently, there are no further details on what happens after the Final 10 players are chosen.
- Every hand played is an opportunity for a ticket into the Final 10.
- Community Hero – The most helpful community members (judged by Lucky VR Devs/PokerStars) across all digital channels gain entry to the Final 10.
- Most chips won in cash games
- Leaderboard rings/Spinning tops draw – Each Leaderboard Ring Won counts as 1 entry. Multiple tickets allowed.
- VRPT Player of the Year – Become the Season 1 VRPT POY winner and a Final 10 seat is yours.
- Spin to win – Any player who hits the PokerStars VR Ambassador Slot on the lobby spin wheel.
- Make a royal flush – But, make sure it gets to showdown and gain a Royal Flush finalist ticket draw. From there, PokerStars draws from those finalists for one ticket to the Final 10.
- Spin & Go – Any player who wins the top chips prize on any stake Spin & Go will also win a ticket to a draw where one winner will advance to the Final 10. Multiple tickets allowed.
- Discord Ninja – Be the top 5 most helpful and engaging members on for Discord.
- Popular vote – The in-game voting system will allow any player to cast their vote for who they think should be the PokerStars VR Ambassador using their watch UI.
Notably, the contest runs from Sept. 27 12 pm EST until Feb. 3rd 12 pm EST and is open to PA players, as this is a free-to-play product available across the US.
Online poker in PA still awaiting launch
However, it is widely expected that PokerStars, in partnership with Mount Airy Casino, will be the first to begin testing. In the meantime, PA poker players will just have to keep waiting or hit the virtual reality felt.