**This is a developing story and we will update with new information as it comes in
FanDuel Sportsbook at Valley Forge Casino joined the Pennsylvania online sports betting game on Monday. It came almost four hours after their projected launch time which was delayed due to technical difficulties.
FanDuel Sportsbook will conduct a testing period over the course of three days.
- Monday, July 22nd: 7:30 p.m. – 12 a.m.
- Tuesday, July 23rd: 2 p.m. – 12 a.m.
- Wednesday, July 24th: 12 p.m. – 12 a.m.
Once these three days of supervised testing is completed and receives approval from the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board (PGCB), the app can roll out 24/7 availability.
What we know so far
FanDuel online sportsbook was slated to launch at 4 p.m. on Monday. Initial efforts to login were met with a “website unavailable” message. Technical difficulties pushed the start time to 7:30 p.m.
Around 7:45 p.m. the site launched. However, some users had difficulty accessing the app via iPhone.
No need to download a different app to use the FanDuel online sportsbook in Pennsylvania either. Android and iOS users are prompted to download an upgrade to existing FanDuel apps. From there, the app handles the geolocating.
Users can simply login with their existing credentials to access the site. According to FanDuel support and reports from a few users, you have access to New Jersey funds. Meaning, if you have already deposited on the site in New Jersey, you can bet with that money rather than deposit all over again.
“It was a pleasant surprise,” said one user, who placed a bet on the White Sox vs. Marlins game. “After waiting all day I guess it made it worth it.”
How to login to FanDuel Sportsbook
You must be physically located in Pennsylvania or New Jersey to use the FanDuel sportsbook. You can access it via your browser or app.
The URL for the PA version of FanDuel is pa.sportsbook.fanduel.com.
iOS users can download “FanDuel Sportsbook” at the App Store. Android users can download their phone’s version of the app directly from the FanDuel website.
Login information required
- Password (must be at least 8 characters and include one letter and one number)
- Two security questions/answers
- Phone number
- Last 4 digits of SSN
- You must agree to terms & conditions
- Allow FanDuel Sportsbook to access your location. You must click “Always Allow” in order to verify your location to permit wagering.
Of course, if you already have an account in New Jersey, as mentioned you can log in using those credentials, then FanDuel will verify you are good to go in the Keystone State.
Current promotion for FanDuel
The FanDuel Sportbook is running a $500 risk free-bet promotion. It applies to New Jersey and Pennsylvania users.
First, players deposit up to $500 in their account. Players need to wager one bet up to that amount. Why is it “no risk?” If your bet loses, FanDuel will put the amount back into your account as bonus money.
The promotion is available without a promo code.
Some small print to note :
- The promotion runs from July 22, 2019 to Dec. 31 2019 11:59 ET.
- The promotion is only open to individuals who are at least 21 years of age and are physically present in New Jersey or Pennsylvania.
- If your eligible wager wins, you will not receive any promotion bonus.
- The promotion bonus may only be used for wagering on your sportsbook account.
- Any unused portion of the promotion bonus will be automatically withdrawn from your sportsbook account seven days after being credited to your sportsbook account.
- You may withdraw your deposited funds without penalty or play-through requirement at any time.
FanDuel Sportsbook deposit and withdraw methods
Customers have a number of ways to get money online.
- ACH (eCheck)
- FanDuel Prepaid card
- Credit or debit card
- Online bank transfer
- Wire transfer
According to FanDuel customer support, PayPal and cash at counter are in the works for deposit methods, but neither are available right now.
- FanDuel Prepaid card
FanDuel Sportsbook long list of choices
What can I wager on at the FanDuel Sportsbook:
- College Football
- College Basketball
- Australian Rules
- Motor Racing
FanDuel also offers:
- Live betting on games in progress
- MLB Home Runs: Odds on who will hit a home run during the game.
- NFL Futures: Pro Football 54 Champions (the Super Bowl), NFL MVP, Conference Champions, Offensive ROY, Defensive ROY, Most passing yards, most rushing yards, winning conference, winning division.
The revenue king of New Jersey crosses the river
Will FanDuel’s success flow across the river?
FanDuel tops New Jersey online sports revenue betting numbers with a year-to-date total of $29,446,758. They account for about half of all of the state’s online sports betting revenue.
As the only online sportsbook in Pennsylvania in operation for a full month, SugarHouse garnered $932,112 in revenue in June.