The Keystone State is the place to be for major live Pennsylvania poker tournaments this month. PA casinos are offering some of the best live action and guaranteed prize pools up to $150,000 in April.
Each month we take a look at the biggest poker action across the Commonwealth. You don’t have to be a seasoned pro to take part in these events; with hourly High Hands prizes and growing Bad Beat Jackpots, there’s a lot of opportunity for fun at all levels.
Rivers Philadelphia $150,000 Big Rush
Rivers Casino Philadelphia will host their Big Rush series this month from April 19-23. The series will include over $150,000 in guaranteed prize pools.
The multi-day event will launch with a $360 buy-in. Players have multiple flights to pick from and the people left standing from from day one will come together in the money to play on the final day, April 23.
Daily casino poker tournaments will also take place in the month of April:
- Mondays: 7:15 p.m. – $130 NLH Double Green Chip Bounty – $4,000 guaranteed
- Tuesdays: 6:15 p.m. – $130 NLH – $6,000 guaranteed
- Wednesdays: 10:15 a.m. – $50 NLH – no guarantee ($50+ to buy-in)
- Saturdays: 1:15 p.m. – $160 NLH – $5,000 guaranteed (except April 22)
- Sundays: 11:15 a.m. – $230 NLH – $10,000 guaranteed (April 16 only)
In March, two Philadelphia regulars split the Mystery Rush event for $25,000 each.
Dennis Z & Mohammed D split the final prize pool for an even 25k each @riverspokerphl #MysteryRush! Congrats and thanks for playing!! pic.twitter.com/bCWRfIzZue
— Jim Moore Poker (@James_T_Moore) March 13, 2023
Live! Casino Philadelphia guarantees over $480,000 in April
Live! Casino Philadelphia‘s poker room continues to push the envelope by offering live tournaments every day in April. The main series of the month comes with a $150,000 guaranteed prize pool.
Running from April 13-16, the $360 multi-day flight event should expect a lot of entrants. There are five flights to pick from and the tournament ends when all fields combine on April 16.
In March, Gregory Fishberg was victorious in the $500 Megastack event and took home $35,500. The event saw a total of 729 entrants, with 94 making the money.
Congrats to our latest final table winners @LivePoker_PHL | Live! $500 MEGASTACKS,
Over $390,000 in total prize pool. Come and join us again April 27th – April 30th and repeat!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler. pic.twitter.com/bBsuU1haIp
— LivePokerPHL (@LivePoker_PHL) April 4, 2023
Live! Casino Philadelphia will host a daily tournament each day. Some of the weekly events include:
- Mondays: 11:15 a.m. – $120 NLH Fat Stacks – $4,000 guaranteed
- Tuesdays: 6:15 p.m. – $120 NLH Fat Stacks – $4,000 guaranteed
- Wednesdays: 11:15 a.m. – $140 NLH Quadstacks – $3,000 guaranteed
- Thursdays: 11:15 a.m. – $140 NLH Quadstacks – $3,000 guaranteed
- Fridays: 11:15 a.m. – $250 NLH Bounty – $10,000 guaranteed
- Saturdays: Varying tournaments each week
- Sundays: 6:15 p.m. – $130 NLH Triple Stacks Turbo
Daily Tournaments may vary with upcoming special events, so check with the poker room before visiting.
Rivers Casino Pittsburgh offering multiple poker tournaments and promos
Multiple tournaments will be held this month at Rivers Pittsburgh. Here is a glance at some upcoming events in April.
- $160 NLH Tournament – 12 p.m., April 14 and 21
- $340 NLH Deepstack Tournament – 11 a.m., April 29
- $160 NLH Double Green Chip Bounty – 4 p.m., April 12, 19 and 26
The poker room also offers other promotions such as:
- Rolling Royal Jackpots
- Bad Beat Jackpots ($477,993 as of April 5)
- $200 High Hands every 30 minutes on Thursdays: 11 a.m. – 2 a.m.
- $200 High Hands every hour, Sunday – Tuesday: 11 a.m. – 4 a.m.
Bad Beat Jackpots continue to swell in the Keystone State
Here’s a look at all the live poker room bad beats as of April 5, 2023:
- Parx Casino: $278,760
- Mohegan Pennsylvania: $188,703
- Mount Airy Casino Resort: $133,300
- Rivers Casino Philadelphia: $50,000 (set prize)
- Rivers Casino Pittsburgh: $477,993
- Hollywood Meadows Racetrack and Casino: $81,962
- Wind Creek Bethlehem: $137,628
Atlantic City prepares for Almighty Million tournament
Over in NJ, players are getting ready for the major upcoming event taking place with Borgata Poker in May.
The popular live event, the Almighty Million, is back for the first time since the pandemic hit. It will take place at the Borgata in Atlantic City from May 7-13. The tournament guarantees $1 million in payouts with an $800 buy-in and a starting stack of 100,000 chips, which is one of the largest offered in any live Hold’em tournament across the country. Day one flights run from May 7-10, and the final table commences on May 11.
In a press release, Borgata’s Manager of Poker Operations, Kellie DeCelis, expressed excitement for the return of the event, saying:
“Almighty has been synonymous with Borgata Poker for nearly a decade. It’s been three years since Borgata offered this type of event as part of the Borgata Winter Open, and Almighty is always one of the most anticipated events on the calendar that brings the same excitement with a $1,000,000 guaranteed prize pool.”
Lead image: Shutterstock.com