Opportunity is knocking.
Will the Eagles let it in?
After Tuesday’s 27-17 victory over Washington, Philadelphia is on the brink of the NFC’s Playoff Picture, as the first team out (No. 8) if everything started today.
But the Eagles have a favorable matchup with the New York Giants visiting on Sunday at 1 p.m.
Meanwhile, the Minnesota Vikings (No. 7, 7-7), who are one spot ahead of the Eagles, and the New Orleans Saints (No. 9, 7-7), who are one spot behind, face tougher tests. Minnesota plays the Los Angeles Rams (10-4) and New Orleans plays Miami (7-7).
So the Eagles have a golden opportunity to make some headway on Sunday.
And although the NFL’s COVID concerns have seemingly limited some of the player props for the game, Pennsylvania’s sportsbooks and betting apps have many other odds, promos, and prop bets to carry you deep into the playoff chase.
Let’s take a look at the betting lines.
Philadelphia Eagles vs. New York Giants Week 16 Betting Lines
DraftKings Sportsbook has the Eagles as 10-point favorites in Sunday’s game, which will be broadcast at 1 p.m. on FOX.
Philadelphia is -450 on the moneyline.
The game’s total is set at 40.5, with each side priced at -110.
TD Scorer Props are Live at DraftKings Sportsbook
DraftKings has pricing posted for a number of players to score a touchdown in Sunday’s game. Here’s a quick look at the numbers.
Eagles/Giants Anytime TD Scorer
- Miles Sanders: +100
- Jalen Hurts: +125
- Saquon Barkley: +160
- DeVonta Smith: +165
- Dallas Goedert: +175
- Jordan Howard: +215
- Kenny Golladay: +310
- Jalen Reagor: +310
- Boston Scott: +350
- Quez Watkins: +350
- Eagles Defense: +380
Pricing is also available on other players with longer anytime scorer odds.
Eagles/Giants First or Last TD Scorer
The odds to score first or last jump significantly since the wager is limited to a single touchdown. Here are those numbers:
- Miles Sanders: +600
- Jalen Hurts: +700
- Saquon Barkley: +850
- DeVonta Smith: +900
- Dallas Goedert: +1000
- Jordan Howard: +1200
- Kenny Golladay: +1600
- Jalen Reagor: +1600
- Boston Scott: +1800
- Quez Watkins: +1800
- Eagles Defense: +2000
FanDuel Sportsbook has a Special Rushing Yardage Wager
Over at FanDuel, there’s a Weekly Special wager related to the rushing totals of Giants running back Saquon Barkley and Eagles quarterback Jalen Hurts.
- Barkley and Hurts to each have 75+ yards rushing: +700
FanDuel also has pricing posted on the Highest/Lowest scoring teams in Week 16.
The Cowboys are favored to be the highest scoring team at +600. The Eagles are fourth at +900.
The Giants are the favorites to be the lowest scoring team at +650. The Eagles are much father down that list at +3300.
FOX Bet prop focuses on Eagles quarterback Jalen Hurts
FOX Bet has a prop bet built around Hurts and his dual-threat abilities. If Hurts records at least one touchdown by both passing and rushing, players will win the wager at +175 odds.
FOX Bet also has a number of props related to yardage totals. Here’s a sampling of those involving the Eagles:
- Miles Sanders and Saquon Barkley 50+ rushing yards each: +120
- Sanders 50+ rushing yards and a TD: +162
- DeVonta Smith and Kenny Golladay 50+ receiving yards each: +162
- Smith 50+ receiving yards and a TD: +250
- Smith to score a first-half TD: +275
- Dallas Goedert and Evan Engram 50+ receiving yards each: +275
- Goedert 50+ receiving yards and a TD: +300
- Miles Sanders to score a first quarter TD: +400
- Sanders 100+ rushing yards and a TD: +450
- Jalen Hurts 300+ passing yards and DeVonta Smith 100+ receiving yards: +1200
- Hurts 300+ passing yards and Miles Sanders 100+ rushing yards: +1200
- Hurts 300+ passing yards and Dallas Goedert 100+ receiving yards: +1200
Betting trends facts and lines
The DraftKings stats page is a great place to start your research before making a wager. In addition to matchup stats, there are a number of recent results and betting trends also listed.
Here are some of the trends for the Eagles-Giants:
- The Eagles have won each of their last seven home games against the Giants: Eagles moneyline, -480
- Seven of the Giants last eight games have gone UNDER the total: Under 40.5, -110
- The Giants have covered the spread in 13 of their last 15 road games against NFC opponents: Giants +10, -110
On Sunday, the Eagles are aiming for their eighth straight home victory over the Giants. But there’s a lot more on the line than NFC East dominance.
The playoffs are approaching.
And opportunity is knocking.
The Eagles just need to open the door and grab hold of it.