One of the biggest days of the year for Pennsylvania casinos is Thanksgiving. Not only is it a great day to congregate with your friends and family, but it’s also perfect for a casino setting with all of the PA sports betting and gaming going on.
While many people like to spend Thanksgiving with their families, a good option is to head to one of these PA casino venues, so that you don’t have to sweat the cooking and hosting. There are a number of options in Pennsylvania that are welcoming, so if you’re looking to join a crowd and be with some people this Thanksgiving, check out the offerings from the casinos below.
But, if you decide to stay home, there are plenty of amazing online betting sites in PA for you to choose from.
Whether you’re looking to bet on the ponies or hit the casino floor, Harrah’s Casino in Philadelphia is always a blast on Thanksgiving. Hit up the Philly Tap & Tavern if you’re looking for more of a sports vibe – after all, there will be plenty of football through the day – or head to The Market for a more traditional experience.
Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course
As you might imagine, Hollywood Casino is more of a race track to bet the horses, so if that’s the action you’re looking for, you’re better off attending on the weekend. However, they will have an event where you can see the JJ Rupp Band at H Lounge.
Hollywood Casino York
Come celebrate Thanksgiving at the Hollywood Casino York and you can watch all of the football at the Barstool Sportsbook with the rest of the crowd. There will be a special Thanksgiving Day menu, which includes turkey breast, seasonal stuffing, mashed potatoes, roasted turkey, gravy, carrots, green beans, roll with butter and pumpkin or apple pie. That’s all included for $24.99.
Hollywood Casino at the Meadows
Recently rebranded to Penn National’s signature brand, The Meadows is another Turkey Day destination.
The Carvery is whipping up one special buffet on Thanksgiving as per their annual tradition. If you’re the type that enjoys more than one serving, this might be the spot for you.
Valley Forge Casino Resort
The Chop House is the place to be this Thursday as they’ll be featuring a special Thanksgiving menu. Start off with a butternut squash bisque, move into a full turkey Thanksgiving dinner next and cap it off with a pumpkin pie tart. You won’t want to miss this one.
And if you want to place some NFL bets, the FanDuel Sportsbook is open – both live and online.
Rivers Casino Philadelphia
Rivers is serving up Thanksgiving dinner with turkey and all the fixings at Jack’s on Nov. 25. Holiday hours:
- Wed., Nov. 24: noon-10 p.m. (bar open until 2 a.m.)
- Thanksgiving Day: noon-8 p.m.
Thanksgiving Burger Special – Thanksgiving turkey burger and fries all month long for $8.88.
Young at heart, Turkey Dinner Special
- Noon-8 p.m. every Monday in November
- Guests 55 years and older can enjoy the $8.88 turkey dinner special. (Must present Rush Rewards player’s card with the Young at Heart sticker.)
Rivers Casino Pittsburgh
Martorano’s Prime Thanksgiving Special ($70)
- Italian wedding soup – homemade meatballs, lumachine pasta, spinach, parmesan cheese
- Roast (served family style) – white & dark meat, roasted brussel sprouts with pancetta & balsamic, garlic mashed potatoes, Italian sausage stuffing, served with rosemary gravy, gnocchi with Sunday gravy
- Pumpkin spice cake – cinnamon cream cheese frosting
Wheelhouse Thanksgiving specials (in addition to regular menu on Nov. 25):
- Traditional Thanksgiving dinner ($25) – roasted turkey, traditional stuffing, whipped potatoes, green bean casserole, cranberry Sauce, turkey gravy
- Beef & squash soup ($7) – Pumpkin spice dumplings
- House-made pumpkin pie ($8) – Cinnamon creme anglaise, spiced pumpkin seed
For those betting online, BetRivers casino and sportsbook has some generous promos to accompany the many dining options.
Mohegan Sun Pocono
Mohegan Sun Pocono is located in Wilkes-Barre, PA. Enjoy live casino games, live sports betting, harness horse racing, and a variety of dining options. It also offers online betting in the form of a Unibet casino and sportsbook.
Mohegan Sun might have the most options across the board for this coming Thanksgiving. Almost every single one of their dining outlets will have something special for the holiday.
- At BALLO, which is an Italian join, the set menu will include bruschetta, Garganelli Bolognese, duck breast and a crème brulee.
- At Hash House A Go Go, you’ll get options ranging from a Roasted Turkey Dinner to a Big O’ Turkey Pot Pie.
- At Jasper White’s Summer Shack, step in for a Thanksgiving Day feast that includes a clambake
- At Lansdowne Irish Pub & Music House, they’ll be serving up turkey sliders during the day and roasted turkey dinner in the evening. And don’t miss out on their Chocolate-bourbon pecan pie.
- At Michael Jordan’s Steak House, you can start with a quinoa beet salad, then progress to roasted turkey breast and finish with banana chocolate bread pudding.
- MJ23 Sports Bar & Grill, Skyrise Food Court, TAO Asian Bistro & Lounge, and Todd English’s Tuscany will all have their own set menus as well.
Mount Airy Casino Resort
The Mount Airy Casino Resort is doing a takeout holiday menu, which means you can host a feast without any of the hard labor. The family-sized meal comes in at $249.00.
Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia
If you don’t feel like doing the cooking yourself, head on over to The Prime Rib at Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia and they’ll take care of you. The cost is $65 per person and you’ll get quite the serving – if you’re up for it.
The menu includes your choice of soup or salad to start (shrimp and corn chowder, or season mixed greens salad), slow-roasted turkey dinner, and your choice of pumpkin, pecan or apple pie to end your meal.
Presque Isle Downs & Casino
Bourbon and brew will have you covered at Presque Isle Downs & Casino in PA, as they’ll be serving a number of delectable options. The basic $18 per person gets you turkey with stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans and a white chocolate pumpkin cookie sundae for dessert. You can also get a takeout menu for four for $100, which includes a whole turkey.
Lady Luck Casino Nemacolin
One of the fun things happening at the Lady Luck Casino Nemacolin is the Thanksgiving Mystery Point Multiplier. You can win up to 16X the rewards points if you play this Thursday. That’s from 7 AM right through until midnight.